Full Shows 2017
- Feb 10, 2017 Full Show (4333) 2/11/17
- In the season premiere of Oklahoma Gardening, Host, Casey Hentges, addresses pre and post emergence weed control, winter watering of evergreens, and five great evergreens surely to make your landscape stand out among the rest! We also check out a new project occurring at the studio gardens and take a peek in the greenhouses to round out the episode!
- Jan 07, 2017 Best of Oklahoma Gardening (4328) 1/7/17
- Tips for repairing your lawn this spring! Turf grass Specialist, Justin Moss, joins us to discuss on when to use seed vs. sod. Sloped lawn repair with sod. Casey Hentges, host, shows us a robotic mower sure to make yard work a breeze!
- Feb 18, 2017 Full Show (4334) 2/18/17
- Casey Hentges begins planting onion sets in the keyhole garden, gives a few tips on tree fertilizing, shows us how to make a beautiful rain chain, discusses the fertilization of our garlic plants, and rounds out the episode with a fun, DIY project that will sure have the birds flocking to your backyards.
- Jan 14, 2017 Best of Oklahoma Gardening (4329) 1/14/17
- Host, Casey Hentges, joins Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma Tribal Preservation Officer, Ian Thompson, for an interesting lesson of the Choctaw Culture. Important plants for the Choctaw people, traditional clay pottery and utilizing pottery to prepare traditional Choctaw meal.
- Jan 21, 2017 Best of Oklahoma (4330) 1/21/17
- Great Landscape Plants! Showy native plants - Exciting, new perennials - Interesting Amnsonias - Perfect plants for soggy spots
- Feb 24, 2017 Full Show (4335) 2/25/17
- Casey Hentges plants new bare root trees in the orchard, discusses how to keep your trees well watered, introduces a gorgeous plant to brighten up and yard, and plants potatoes in a mesh cage for easy production and harvest.
- Jan 28, 2017 Best of Oklahoma Gardening (4331) 1/28/17
- Casey Hentges will cover the basics of seed starting, learn how to "damp-off" your young seedlings for healthier transplants, sow cool-season vegetables, learn tips for early and healthy tomatoes and concluding with an easier way to plant daffodils.
- Feb 04, 2017 Best of Oklahoma Gardening (4332) 2/4/17
- This week learn how to evaluate and cleanup storm damaged trees; cut back, replant and divide ornamental grasses for a beautiful summer display; and forcing spring flowering shrubs for arrangements with Host Casey Hentges while Barbara Brown cooks up a sweet and spicy pepper salad.
- Mar 24, 2017 Full Show (4339) 3/25/17
- This episode features segments on redbud trees in Oklahoma. Controlling pests in the garden, such as raccoons, opossums, and skunks. Managing Crape Myrtle's to ensure a healthy plant. Finally, Barbara brown has some delicious Gnocchi with Spinach and Beans cooking.
- Mar 31, 2017 Full Show (4340) 4/1/17
- On this week's episode host, Casey Hentges, shows an elegant and simple way to make a beautiful succulent dish garden centerpiece, visits with Dr. Dwayne Elmore over Sapsucker damage in the landscape, Barbara Brown whips up a delicious asparagus and hard cooked egg salad, and organic/inorganic pesticides to be used in the garden are discussed with Charles Luper.
- Apr 07, 2017 Full Show (4341) 4/8/17
- This week we'll take a look at the bloming Bleeding Heart plants at The Botanic Garden, travel to the Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma in Tulsa and learn how gardeners can help alleviate food insecurity, gain tips for selecting tomato plants for this year's garden, and meet with Extension Food Specialist Barbara Brown to learn about proper storage for different foods to retain the best flavors.
- Apr 14, 2017 Full Show (4342) 4/15/17
- In this week's episode host, Casey Hentges, gives some tips to recharging your daffodils for the next blooming year. We visit Greenleaf Nursery in Park Hill, Oklahoma. Dr. Erick Rebek, OSU Entomology Specialist, introduces a new pest just discovered in Oklahoma. The Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma gives a tour of the hydroponic system they have in use.
- Apr 21, 2017 Full Show (4343) 4/22/17
- In this episode, Casey visits with Dwayne Elmore about problem plants, discusses methods for properly filling your flowerbed, and creates a DIY concrete planter. Barbara Brown discusses choosing proper tomatoes for a lovely, fresh tomato sauce.