Full Shows 2017
- Feb 10, 2017 Full Show (4333) 2/11/17
- In the season premiere of Oklahoma Gardening, Host, Casey Hentges, addresses pre and post emergence weed control, winter watering of evergreens, and five great evergreens surely to make your landscape stand out among the rest! We also check out a new project occurring at the studio gardens and take a peek in the greenhouses to round out the episode!
- Jan 07, 2017 Best of Oklahoma Gardening (4328) 1/7/17
- Tips for repairing your lawn this spring! Turf grass Specialist, Justin Moss, joins us to discuss on when to use seed vs. sod. Sloped lawn repair with sod. Casey Hentges, host, shows us a robotic mower sure to make yard work a breeze!
- Feb 18, 2017 Full Show (4334) 2/18/17
- Casey Hentges begins planting onion sets in the keyhole garden, gives a few tips on tree fertilizing, shows us how to make a beautiful rain chain, discusses the fertilization of our garlic plants, and rounds out the episode with a fun, DIY project that will sure have the birds flocking to your backyards.
- Jan 14, 2017 Best of Oklahoma Gardening (4329) 1/14/17
- Host, Casey Hentges, joins Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma Tribal Preservation Officer, Ian Thompson, for an interesting lesson of the Choctaw Culture. Important plants for the Choctaw people, traditional clay pottery and utilizing pottery to prepare traditional Choctaw meal.
- Jan 21, 2017 Best of Oklahoma (4330) 1/21/17
- Great Landscape Plants! Showy native plants - Exciting, new perennials - Interesting Amnsonias - Perfect plants for soggy spots
- Feb 24, 2017 Full Show (4335) 2/25/17
- Casey Hentges plants new bare root trees in the orchard, discusses how to keep your trees well watered, introduces a gorgeous plant to brighten up and yard, and plants potatoes in a mesh cage for easy production and harvest.
- Jan 28, 2017 Best of Oklahoma Gardening (4331) 1/28/17
- Casey Hentges will cover the basics of seed starting, learn how to "damp-off" your young seedlings for healthier transplants, sow cool-season vegetables, learn tips for early and healthy tomatoes and concluding with an easier way to plant daffodils.
- Feb 04, 2017 Best of Oklahoma Gardening (4332) 2/4/17
- This week learn how to evaluate and cleanup storm damaged trees; cut back, replant and divide ornamental grasses for a beautiful summer display; and forcing spring flowering shrubs for arrangements with Host Casey Hentges while Barbara Brown cooks up a sweet and spicy pepper salad.
- Mar 24, 2017 Full Show (4339) 3/25/17
- This episode features segments on redbud trees in Oklahoma. Controlling pests in the garden, such as raccoons, opossums, and skunks. Managing Crape Myrtle's to ensure a healthy plant. Finally, Barbara brown has some delicious Gnocchi with Spinach and Beans cooking.