- 1/2 ripe 6½ to 8 pound honeydew melon
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
¼ cup fruity white wine such as Gewurztraminer or Chenin Blanc or apple juice
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Scrub uncut melon with a vegetable brush. Dry.
- Halve melon, scoop out seeds and discard. Wrap and refrigerate half of the melon. Cut remaining half melon into chunks. There should be 4 to 5 cups.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add jalapeno pepper and sauté, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add wine or apple juice to the skillet and bring to boiling. Remove from heat.
- Combine melon, wine mixture, lime juice, honey and pepper in a large bowl.
- Puree the melon mixture, in batches, in a blender, until very smooth.
- Transfer each batch to a large bowl, stirring well to mix after each batch is added.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Serve chilled. Serves 4.
|Serving Size 1
Servings Per Recipe: 4
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 147||Calories from Fat 1|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat trace||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 26g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||6%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|