Roasted Corn Salad
- 4 large ears of yellow corn-on-the-cob to yield 2½ cups cut corn
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup non-fat Italian salad dressing
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Inspect corn-on-the-cob for damage and insects. Leaving husks and silks in place, rinse corn. Place directly on the middle oven rack, and bake 30to 40 minutes, until corn kernels are soft.
- Once corn is roasted, remove from oven. When cool enough to handle, remove husks and silk. Cut kernels from ears. Corn should measure about 2½ cups.
- Combine corn, beans, tomatoes, green pepper and onions in a large bowl.
- Combine salad dressing and chili powder.
- Pour salad dressing mixture over vegetables. Toss gently to mix.
- Cover; refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Serve over chopped lettuce.
|Servings Per Recipe: 4|
|Calories 216||Calories from Fat 18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat trace||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 45g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 12g||47%|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.