Peach Oatmeal Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment.
- Place butter, oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and pecans in a medium bowl. Use fingers to blend ingredients until the butter is not visible. Reserve one-fourth of the mixture, about 1 cup, in a small bowl.
- Place remaining oatmeal mixture into the parchment lined pan. Use a metal measuring cup to press out an even layer.
- In the medium bowl combine peaches, 1 tablespoon sugar, cornstarch, ginger and cinnamon. Pour peach mixture onto the pressed crust in the pan. Crumble reserved oatmeal mixture over the peaches.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool at least 30 minutes in pan then, using the parchment to help, remove from pan and cut into bars.
|Serving Size 1
Servings Per Recipe: 1
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 322||Calories from Fat 135|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 15g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||34%|
|Total Carbohydrate 44g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||10%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|