Strawberry and Asparagus Salad
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 6 cups mixed greens, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Bring vinegar, preserves, mustard and salt to a boil over medium heat in a small saucepan. Remove from heat as soon as mixture boils, add lemon peel and set aside to cool.
- Steam or boil asparagus 3 minutes. Immediately submerge in ice water to stop cooking. Drain well, pat dry.
- Gently combine asparagus, strawberries and sauce mixture.
- Place one cup greens on each plate. Top with strawberry/asparagus mixture and toasted nuts.
|Serving Size 1
Servings Per Recipe: 1
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 74||Calories from Fat 18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat trace||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||17%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|